cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to backup UCS configuration to SFTP site

viby
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently changed our SFTP server(Solarwinds) for UCS backup. The SFTP server usually works fine if we test direct uploads/downloads. However, the daily backup job throws an error complaining about access to the SFTP. 

Below are the FSM details for the upload task.

Remote Invocation Result:End Point Unavailable

Remote Invocation Error Code:1

Remote Invocation DescriptionEnd point timed out. Check for IP, password, space or access related issues.#

Name:Backup Upload
Description:internal system backup(FSM-STAGE:sam:dme:MgmtBackupBackup:upload)
3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the SFTP server's logs when this is done , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have seen this a few times an usually the remote server is incompatible/older due to SSH security enhancements removing support for older "vulnerable" versions/ciphers/kek/etc.

What model UCS FI and what version of UCSM software is running on it?
Is your solarwinds software up to date? What version?
With version specific details, then this may be able to be reproduced in the lab to see if this is a Cisco issue (and open a CDET) or a non-Cisco issue (like outdated solarwinds software).

I realize this is the other direction, but see: https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system-discussions/unable-to-ssh-to-fi-but-can-browse-ucsm/m-p/4817690#M34452

With a Cisco TAC case, then TAC could access a bash shell under the hood to check `ssh -vvv user@solarwinds` command to see which side supports which SSH options.

Thank you Steven.

UCSM 4.1(3j)

FI Package version 4.1(3j)A (Cisco UCS 6248UP)

Solarwinds SCP Server 2.2.1.50096(Latest)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card