cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cisco UCS from Release 1.4(2b) to Release 1.4(3)

srajawat8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need suggestion whenther we need to go for Upgrading Cisco UCS from Release 1.4(2b) to Release 1.4(3): Currently we are running 1.4(2b) on Cisco UCS. However 2 interfaces were showing as "Admin Down" on Fabric Interconnect even after several atttempt to bring this up with no luck. Then finally we applied patches and fixed the issue as it had a known bug (CSCtq03411) that caused the behavior. Now the ports are up and configured. We have option of upgrading firmware from 1.4(2b) to Release 1.4(3), however this will impact production environment. Is this really worth to go for this upgrade or we should keep the current version assuming that applied patches has permanently fixed the issue and it won't occur again.

Punch line is "is it manadatory to upgrade to 1.4 (3) or current version will work perfect in future without any bug.....Pls suggest

Regards

Gaurav

2 Replies 2

anikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gaurav,

While it is not mandatory to upgrade, I wanted to point out that 1.4(2b) is a deffered release. It is in your best intrest to move off this release due to some serious deffects in this release.  

To answer your question it isin your best interest to get off this release.

I would suggest, however that you  read through the release notes as part of your planning before performing your upgrade.  This will detail any know issues in the new release and detail the defects that have been fixed in this release. There are a number of fixes in the 1.4(3) release that you might be interested including some performance inhancements.

Release Notes for Cisco UCS Software, Release 1.4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL_24086.html

I hope this helps,

Andreas

My humble advice is wait another month until 2.0 is mature. Than upgrade to 2.0. We are at 1.4(3m) and have had code bugs ever since 1.4x.

Craig

My UCS Blog http://realworlducs.com

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card