cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual media command line

dcoulter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm curious if anyone has had success with connecting virtual media from the command line from a Windows server (map to local ISO/connect to CIMC)?  Basically I need to mount an ISO programatically, and CIMC/virtual media is outside of the UCS XML/API.  If there's another way, i.e. upload ISO/mount via SMASH-CLP, I'm open to that as well.

Thanks,

David

7 Replies 7

rshughes80
Level 1
Level 1

I think you're specifically going to be challenged as the virtual media interface is tied to the Avocent underpinnings for KVM which has nothing to do with the API. I think you're better off leveraging PXE to do the jump start install.

hope this helps.

Stephen / David,

Yes, those APIs are not currently exposed and PXE/Kickstart are only options to automate it.

There is internal enhancement defect to track this feature.

Padma

padramas,

Any update, whether these APIs to mount virtual media are exposed at present? If not, please suggest a way to mount an ISO programatically?

Hello Abhishek,

Is it for rack server or blade server ?

Padma

For blade B200

Thanks. Could also please share information about use case or your deployment scenario ?

Padma

We are planning to implement Auto OS deployment on these blades as we are keep on deploying OS very frequently. If we are able to do so, it will reduce manual intervention and overhead for these servers. we are able to get console over SOL but the real problem  is to mount virtual media(ISO). For some reason we dont want to use PXE. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card