cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMware Not Seeing all storage

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

We are running UCS and we have some blades running vmware. We have a SAN Storage in the backend which the vm's are installed on. We are in the process of upgrading vmware from 5.0 to 5.5. The problem we ran into is all the hosts that have been upgraded to 5.5 cannot see all the storage.

Within vmware the hosts running 5.5 we can see 5 of the datastores but we cannot see 2 of them. The hosts running 5.0 we can see all 7 datastores.

If i select a host running 5.5 I can goto configuration -> Storage and in the datastores view I can only see 5 of them. but if I click the devices tab next to it I can see the other 2 datastores sitting there but there is no way to mount them.

I am curious if anyone has any clue as to why this is or how to resolve it? TAC seems to say we need to upgrade the firmware on the blades but that seems really odd considering vmware can see some of the storage but not all of it.

15 Replies 15

Marcin,

I can do a direct upgrade from 2.03 to 2.1.3 correct? Also Is it a fairly straight forward and easy process? We have not upgraded our UCS system at all yet. Do you have a personal checklist of things I should be aware of, etc? We have 3 chassis will they all upgrade at once or do we select the individually? They are all managed through the same UCS setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: