cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Hyperflex IP addresses need access to svc.intersight.com?

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Experts,

Neither the Intersight Help Center nor the Cisco HyperFlex Systems Installation Guide for Cisco Intersight specify which IP addesses need to be able access svc.intersight.com

For full control (i.e. to be able to open UCSM, HX Connect and KVM access) is it

1. ONLY the IP addresses of the Fabric Interconnects required?
  2. Or is the CIMC IP addresses too?
  3. Is it JUST  the UCSM management IP, or do I need to include the Management IP of FI-A and FI-B as well?
  4. What about the Controller VM IPs? Do they need access to svc.intersight.com?
  5. And how about the ESXi vmk0 IPs? Will they ever need access?

Can anyone give me this vital information?

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

• From you answer, I assume IPs 1 & 2 below need access to svc.intersight.com - Correct
  •  But what about IP 3 (the UCS CLuster IP) - This is should also have access to svc.intersight.com 
  • From you answer, I assume IPs 4-6 below need access to svc.intersight.com -Correct
  • But what about IP 7 (Storage Cluster Controller IP)?  Not needed only MGMT is needed.
  1. FI-A IP: 10.1.1.1
  2. FA-B IP: 10.1.1.2
  3. UCS Cluster IP: 10.1.1.10
  4. SCVM1 Mangement IP: 10.2.2.1
  5. SCVM2 Mangement IP: 10.2.2.2
  6. SCVM3 Mangement IP: 10.2.2.3
  7. Storage Cluster Controller IP: 10.2.2.10
  8. SCVM1 Data IP: - assigned by Intersight
  9. SCVM2 Data IP: - assigned by Intersight
  10. SCVM3 Data IP: - assigned by Intersight
  11. Storage Data Cluster Controller IP: - assigned by Intersight

I've included the SCVM Data IPs in the list as well just to make sure the question is clear about which SCVM IPs we are talking about.

Hope it is clear now.

Please feel free to ask question again :)

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hyperflex - The IP address is of HXDP(HX device connector ) which is running on HX controller VM is used for access to svc.intersight.com

1. ONLY the IP addresses of the Fabric Interconnects required?   >>> FI Ip  address is used where you are trying to connect a UCSM domain to Cisco Intersight.
  2. Or is the CIMC IP addresses too? this is also possible ,it is for Standalone servers connecting to Cisco Intersight
  3. What about the Controller VM IPs? Do they need access to svc.intersight.com?  Yes
  4. And how about the ESXi vmk0 IPs? Will they ever need access?  NO

Hope this will help

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi @AFROJ AHMAD ,

Thanks so much for your reply. Let me find tune my question with an example:

Lets say I an installing a Hyperflex Cluster of three nodes using Intersight .

The following IPs (1-3) have been assigned manually, and the UCS Cluster claimed in Intersight.

The other IPs will be assigned by the Intersight Installer.  But we have to make sure that at least some of them have access to svc.intersight.com

• From you answer, I assume IPs 1 & 2 below need access to svc.intersight.com
  • But what about IP 3 (the UCS CLuster IP)?
  • From you answer, I assume IPs 4-6 below need access to svc.intersight.com
  • But what about IP 7 (Storage Cluster Controller IP)?

I've included the SCVM Data IPs in the list as well just to make sure the question is clear about which SCVM IPs we are talking about.

TIA

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Chris,

• From you answer, I assume IPs 1 & 2 below need access to svc.intersight.com - Correct
  •  But what about IP 3 (the UCS CLuster IP) - This is should also have access to svc.intersight.com 
  • From you answer, I assume IPs 4-6 below need access to svc.intersight.com -Correct
  • But what about IP 7 (Storage Cluster Controller IP)?  Not needed only MGMT is needed.

Hope it is clear now.

Please feel free to ask question again :)

Thanks Afroz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card