cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will Cisco UCS X Series be intersight managed only in the near future?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I recently heard from some Cisco guy (hope I heard it incorrectly) that UCS X series will become intersigh managed only down the road...I hope not but is there anyone working for Cisco here to help validate?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Intersight being a requirement for UCS-X changed with the release of UCS firmware release 4.3
 (which now supports UCS-X chassis, IFMs and servers, connected 6400 and 6500 Series FIs in UCSM Managed Mode).

Cisco UCS Central 2.0(1t) supports these components as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since the general availability of UCS-X and as of what's available at the time of this post it has only been able to be managed via Intersight.  

Intersight being a requirement for UCS-X changed with the release of UCS firmware release 4.3
 (which now supports UCS-X chassis, IFMs and servers, connected 6400 and 6500 Series FIs in UCSM Managed Mode).

Cisco UCS Central 2.0(1t) supports these components as well.

Hi @riaan.vanniekerk ,

It would seem so!!!

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks for the link. Good news to my ears!!

Also to add additional content related, Cisco's own screenshot shows the option to use UCSM instead of Intersight for UCS X.

ucs-x-series-quick-start-guide_7.jpg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card