Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Cisco UCS Platform Emulators are available for download from Cisco:

Current Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 4.2(2aPE1) - UCS 62xx/63xx/64xx Fabric Interconnect, C4200, S3260, Mini:

Downloads:

MD5 hashes for downloads:

• ZIP: b390bbf1d783532194141c9b7bff6d64
  • OVA: 1577b7b88b7287b707fea9995c5f0135

Cisco dCloud Programmability Demo using the UCS Platform Emulator

• UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo.   The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide for programming using the Cisco UCS PowerTool and Python SDK.

Video demos of the Emulator

Previous Releases:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.1(2cPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.0(4ePE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.2(3ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2bPE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and C3260:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(1ePE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and M-Series:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) - UCS Mini:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
  • UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(2aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(2aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(5aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(5aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Archived Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(1cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(1aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(1aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(4bPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(4bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(3aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(3aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(2cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(1bPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(1bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(3aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(2aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(1aPE3):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.0(1mPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.4(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.3(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Comments
ali-imran
Level 1
Level 1

and after completing the discovery if i shutdown the VM and power it on again later, will it discover again or retain the discovery information?

Regards,

Ali Imran

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you shutdown the VM, it will have to rediscover. If you have database persistence turned on, it will save all the logical information (service profiles, pools, policies, etc). If it's turned off, the logical information in UCS Manager will be cleared out. The hardware config will persist on reboots. What I generally do, is just pause the VM when I'm done using it.

Thanks,

Eric

ali-imran
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Eric,

what about my other queries about the release and the VM resources above?

Regards

Ali Imran

rawaa23875639
Level 1
Level 1

i try to configure the fabric interconnect but i can't. can you help me?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of issues are you having configuring the fabric interconnects.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not an issue with the VM CPU / RAM settings, its more of the emulation software not scaling past 60 servers at this point.  Right now, we don't have it nailed down to a release at this point Syed.  So all I can publicly say, is that it will be coming in a future release.    

CSCO11852862
Community Member

I have tried 100 times to re-download but fails at almost 53Meg. whats wrong ?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly -> ericwill at cisco dot com.  I'll see if we can get it to you.    

towagner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning Eric,

Your email's subject is UCS Emulator 2.2(2c), but neither the email nor the emulator page contain any information about the 2.2(2c) release.

-Todd (sent from mobile)

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The latest listed is 2.2(2cPE1), and it points to a newly created document here that has the OVA / ZIP file for 2.2(2cPE1).  Can you check again, to see if you are still seeing 2.2(1bPE1)?  It should be linking you to the newly created doc for 2.2(2cPE1) here -> Cisco UCS Platform Emulator (2.2(2cPE1))

towagner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, thanks – now it’s showing up correctly.

towagner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm seeing a lot of odd behavior with the latest UCSPE v2.2(2c).  Anytime I make a change to the startup inventory, after the PE reloads and I launch UCSM, there is always a connectivity issue between the servers (or chassis) and the FIs.  Either they aren't connected at all, or they will show only connected to one chassis.  There seems to be no way to resolve that other than doing a a complete factory reset.  But even the factory default only has half the links active (chassis is connected to Fabric A, but not Fabric B).  Any ideas?

Neve mind, it seems to clear after waiting a while.  But I do have a couple of C-series directly connected to the FIs, and they are showing an error "connection to management port 1 is missing"

dsutradhar
Community Member

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your update I still see 2.2 (1bPE1). Does it require up

gradation?

regards,

Dilip

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I fixed all of the issues on communities referring to the older releases, so you should be good to go.    

kshitijsinghi
Community Member

Hi Eric,

This is interesting! Is there an ETA for the CIMC C-series standalone emulator?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: