cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot install OS on new UCS-E - Console keeps disconnecting untill installation stops

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have some new Cisco UCS-E-160S-M3/K9 servers running in Cisco ISR 4000 routers.

I got access to the servers and am trying to install RHEL 7.4 on them.

In the console (tried both html and java) I map a local iso file and start the installation.

The installation starts normally but after a couple of minutes the console disconnects. When I reconnect I have to again map the iso file.

After 2-3 disconnects the installation gives up and stops.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct way to deploy an OS on the UCS-E-160S-M3/K9?

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I managed to deploy the OS by manually uploading the iso file.

There is an additional problem with the GUI when you try to upload an image and map it.
Once an ISO image is uploaded (regardless whether through the GUI or through command line) the GUI section for the images would stop working.

So I had to upload and map through the command line and then install it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Akash Malla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The process looks correct.

The issue could be connectivity drop while using VPN and RDP sessions there are possibilities of latency or connectivity drop which can cause the server to hang in the middle and try reconnecting. 

Try to push the firmware from a local machine (Same network to this server) and see if it works.

Installing the Operating System or Hypervisor: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/e/gs/guide/b_Getting_Started_Guide/b_3_x_Getting_Started_Guide_chapter_0111.html#concept_AC4EC4E9FA3F4536A26BAD49734F23D0

Regards,

Akash

** Please rate if you found the post helpful **

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I managed to deploy the OS by manually uploading the iso file.

There is an additional problem with the GUI when you try to upload an image and map it.
Once an ISO image is uploaded (regardless whether through the GUI or through command line) the GUI section for the images would stop working.

So I had to upload and map through the command line and then install it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card