cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decom Fabric Interconnects

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

We just replaced our first Fabric Interconnects with new ones, and need to get rid of our old FIs.  I know that all the service profile, configuration, etc. is stored on local hard disks on the FIs.  I plan on plugging them in one last time for an "erase configuration" command to delete the config.  Is there anything else people usually do to decom FIs?  If they were servers, we would degaus the hard disks.  Does anyone do anything that extreme?  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without some sort of dplug access to get to root level, there's not a lot you can do unless you want to erase config a couple of times, then upload a bunch of firmware bundles, although those will go to /bootflash, and there are other partitions that contain configs.  Those use flash/SSDs.

Kirk...

Thanks, Kirk, I appreciate the reply.  I will keep this in mind as I work on this... I'm just not sure I will be able to get these on the network again, but I will see what I can figure out.

mnaile
Level 1
Level 1

I have used the following in our lab, appears to delete the entire directory structure.

Reaload switch then break with Ctrl + L

From Loader

loader> cmdline recoverymode=1

loader> cmdline init_system

Mark

Thanks Mark for the reply.  I'll have to give that a shot and see how it goes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card