cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check the firmware & drivers compatibility matrix?

Julian.Milano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a server called TEL1 which is running the following:

UCS B200 M4

E5-2690 v3 CPU

UCS Manager on firmware 2.2(3f)

Server firmware:

-- Adapter 1 = Cisco VIC1240 V4.0(1f)

-- BIOS B200M4.2.2.3d.0.111420141438
-- Board Controller 5.0-- CIMC Controller 2.2(3f)

From what I can see, my infrastructure is at 2.2(3f) so I cannot upgrade the CIMC/server firmware to more than what it is at right now.

Is there a matrix which shows which firmwares are compatible (between architecture and server)?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If your B200-M3 is running 3.1(21e) then you are using the 2.2.8g release bundle based on this document:

Release Bundle Contents for Cisco UCS Manager, Release 2.2

ucs-b200-m3-k9-cimc.3.1.21e.bin

Matrix.jpg

Your A bundle would be 2.2.3 and your B bundle would be 2.2.8. This is not a supported/tested combination. If your Infra (A Bundle) was 2.2.4 or later, this would be supported, based on Note 1 outlined in green above. If you are going to upgrade infrastructure we recommend upgrading to the latest 2.2.X train for the most feature enhancements and bug fixes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I checked the document and I'm unable to decipher if my B200 M3 server running 3.1(21e) (CICM controller) is compatible with my UCS Manager running 2.2(3f)?

I would guess that the architecture version has to be at or above the firmware version of ANY servers in the chassis?

If your B200-M3 is running 3.1(21e) then you are using the 2.2.8g release bundle based on this document:

Matrix.jpg

Your A bundle would be 2.2.3 and your B bundle would be 2.2.8. This is not a supported/tested combination. If your Infra (A Bundle) was 2.2.4 or later, this would be supported, based on Note 1 outlined in green above. If you are going to upgrade infrastructure we recommend upgrading to the latest 2.2.X train for the most feature enhancements and bug fixes.

Thanks Wes, the part I don't get is how you found this:

@Wes Austin wrote:

... then you are using the 2.2.8g release bundle based on this document:

Is there a lookup tool where you put in the current firmware versions and it spits out the bundles?

If you open that document and search for :

It only appears under the 2.2.8 bundle.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card