cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to send relevant alerts to different groups?

Brad_80
Level 1
Level 1

I have an environment where different teams own different aspects of the UCS environment. For example, operations is responsible for the environment and physical hardware, architecture is responsible for the configuration (policies, pools, profiles), and the network team is responsible for both LAN and SAN down to the blade. I'm trying to find a means of setting up call home profiles such that each team can get their relevant alerts, but I don't see how that's really possible within UCSM.

Something that seems promising is alert groups, but I can't find any documentation on how/if they map to user roles or what alerts might fall into an alert group? The documentation meantions the alert groups, but without any description of what each alert group does or how they should be used. Some seem obvious (eg. Environmental) while others are vague (Syslog Port?). Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brad,

I've requested our docs team improve the details regarding the CallHome alert groups.  I don't know the specifics of each alert group myself, but when I find out I'll update this thread.

Regards,

Robert

Any news on this? We are also curious about what alerts fall into wich alert group.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card