cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to tell if the Hypervisor is installed on FlexFlash

Tom Cecil
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer UCS C240 Standalone server which has one FlexFlash SD card installed in Slot 1, but none in Slot 2. The FlexFlash Controller is showing the Health state as "Degraded RAID" because obviously there are no other cards to mirror. The CIMC is running firmware later than version 1.5 which means that the Controller is compatible with RAID so I believe resetting the FlexFlash controller should clear the error. However, I want to find out if the Hypervisor (ESXi) is installed on the FlexFlash or not as this would determine whether or not I can reset without an outage.

Where would I go to find out if the Hypervisor is actually installed on the FlexFlash card or just on regular storage in the LSI Raid Controller?

Cheers,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

You are correct, the degraded RAID is due to the fact that the disk is not able to form RAID with only one SD card. The reset should clear it. Check out the boot order and see what the server is set to boot from:

The Flexflash controller may show up as an HV partition:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/whitepaper-c11-734876.html

HTH,

Wes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

You are correct, the degraded RAID is due to the fact that the disk is not able to form RAID with only one SD card. The reset should clear it. Check out the boot order and see what the server is set to boot from:

The Flexflash controller may show up as an HV partition:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/whitepaper-c11-734876.html

HTH,

Wes

Thanks Wes,

That helps alot, the FlexFlash partitions aren't even in the list so it must be installed on the HDDs.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Feel free to provide rating or mark the answer correct so others can locate the same information faster.

Cheers,

Wes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card