cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please reprogram your SPROM!

Tyler P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone! thanks in advance for your time, I have a UCS-FI-M-6324 that is giving me a major headache.

The firmware installed and activated appear to be custom images. I am trying to get it reset and get ucs-mini-k9-bundle-infra.3.1.2b.A loaded and activated. 

After downloading and starting the auto firmware upgrade, (UCS manager upgrades fine) the FI gets stuck in a boot loop.any idea to try and force the bootflash to get rid of the wacky Kernal Version? its running 5.0(3)N2(3.0166) weird right? 

I'm getting this message just prior to the FI rebooting: 

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! *************

####### BKPLANE SPROM CARDID NOT PROGRAMMED #########
This kickstart image is not compatible with *
the current hardware platform *
Rebooting system *
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! *************

test-A login: 2011 Jan 11 23:35:47 test-A %$ VDC-1 %$ %VDC_MGR-2-VDC_CRITICAL: vdc_mgr has hit a critical error: SPROM data is invalid. Please reprogram your SPROM!

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is your hardware configuration ?

From which UCS version did you do the upgrade to 3.1.2b ?

Did you do a "autoinstall infrastructure"

Was the system properly working before the upgrade ?

Hi Walter, 

The hardware configuration was a basic mini. I had the 6324 installed into a AC2 chassis. No blades were installed at this point.

It was functioning properly on the original firmware (3.01.66) but I cant get it to update past. This image is not even downloadable from Cisco's software download.

I did attempt to "autoinstall infrastructure" this is where it fails. When the FI attempts to reboot it falls into the loop and breaking in the loader prompt the newly download firmware image does not appear. i need to force start from the loader to get back in: /boot kickstart > /load system of the old 3.01..66 image. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card