cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300: VOIP call, can't listen to answering party.

anthonylee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a AS5300 running VOIP call without Gatekeeper, and my cisco is behind NAT.

Now the problem is, i can't listen to a particular country but answering party can hear me well.

More, this don't happen to the rest of the countries.

And, if tested with different AS5300 on else where IP (NAT) it's ok to this particular country.

How can i conclude it's not my error ?

P/S: i did a debug and found that all my voice is sent successfully to the answering party. But no return packet from them after connection.

6 Replies 6

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You may have to verify the "SPE Country " configuration on you AS5300. It might be the issue.

Check the following doc for more details on that:

Managing and Troubleshooting the Universal Port Card

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/univgate/ps501/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007df0e.html

Dear Irisrios,

Appreciate your reply.

I have read the document above, and i found that that shouldn't be the issue.

The reason being so is that, my cisco is actually successfully talk to the same destination on a particular Cisco A, but failed on Cisco B (can't listen), and the destination number is the same.

Regards,

make sure that ip rtp send-receive is configured on router b

Hi Bien,

I have checked that out with the termination party, and the feedback is yes.

Regards,

aarizvi213
Level 1
Level 1

I was getting the same problem , I did nat on router but it did work , so i used PIX instead of router. what PIX do is that it has the command fixup protocls which make it works.

let me explain you :

well H.323 put its source n destination packet inside the payload so when the distination router recieve the packet it looks to the inside one( payload adds) not the outer one that changed through natting. so the destination router doesnt know about the public add , he knows only abt the private address. so in this way the packets are not coming back.

Now I need to put router instead of router , can u explain me how is it working for other countries , it should works for any one.

Hi Aarizvi213,

Thanks for your infor.

I aggree to what you said here. But it just happen with what i have explained before. So now, i actually have no choice but not terminating using this provider to this particular country.

I really have no idea.

I run out of idea how to proceed on.

Regards,

Anthony