cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALLER ID

lkirkland
Level 1
Level 1

How do I enable Caller ID on incoming calls from outside of our VOIP network?

10 Replies 10

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

What is the device that is accepting calls into your VOIP network and what signalling are you using to commuincate with PSTN, PBX's. Please provide a general topology overview.

I'm using ATA-186,the signalling i'm using is PSTN,how can i enable caller ID on ATA ?

I have the same question. I have two different configurations. 1) VG200 running H.323 with a PRI connected. 2) 6608 running MGCP with a PRI connected.

has anyone found a solution to this? I have the same problem..

What problem do you have exactly ?

Let me explain.

If I configure a ipphone and I call someone, they see the telephone number.

if I configure an ata the same way, I get my default line number? if i use the ata internal, I do see the phone number which has been configured for the ata.

regards,

Gerard

Hi,

the ATA should send caller-id to the phone. Do you see that ? Or what do you see instead ?

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

Probably unrelated, but you can look at the PRI caller Id's in realtime with a program from pippinsoftware.com Could be useful

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I suppose caller id is enable by default on cisco router , but the other side should be sending the caller id for the call

u can check if the called id is enable by

sh vo call

regards

meanwhile I've found the solution. my there was a misconfiguration of my PRI connection. fixed by the telco.

thank you all. and happy new year!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: