cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALLER ID

lkirkland
Level 1
Level 1

How do I enable Caller ID on incoming calls from outside of our VOIP network?

10 Replies 10

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

What is the device that is accepting calls into your VOIP network and what signalling are you using to commuincate with PSTN, PBX's. Please provide a general topology overview.

I'm using ATA-186,the signalling i'm using is PSTN,how can i enable caller ID on ATA ?

I have the same question. I have two different configurations. 1) VG200 running H.323 with a PRI connected. 2) 6608 running MGCP with a PRI connected.

has anyone found a solution to this? I have the same problem..

What problem do you have exactly ?

Let me explain.

If I configure a ipphone and I call someone, they see the telephone number.

if I configure an ata the same way, I get my default line number? if i use the ata internal, I do see the phone number which has been configured for the ata.

regards,

Gerard

Hi,

the ATA should send caller-id to the phone. Do you see that ? Or what do you see instead ?

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

Probably unrelated, but you can look at the PRI caller Id's in realtime with a program from pippinsoftware.com Could be useful

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I suppose caller id is enable by default on cisco router , but the other side should be sending the caller id for the call

u can check if the called id is enable by

sh vo call

regards

meanwhile I've found the solution. my there was a misconfiguration of my PRI connection. fixed by the telco.

thank you all. and happy new year!