Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper Registartion

teltac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an AS5300 deployed in a h323 VoIP network , this Access Server has an Ethernet and a fast ethernet interfaces . i m using the fast ethernet interface to connect to Internet and to register to a gatekeeper on the Internet.

for availability , redundancy and bandwidth aggregation purposes, i m planning to use the second available ethernet interface on the AS to connect to a different ISP (separate connection ) and at the same time get this AS registered to the same gatekeeper via the Ethernet interface .(cause the two interfaces will be used to receive Voice traffic).

my question is : is it possible to register with the same gatekeeper from two different interfaces on the AS5300( Ethernet and Fast Ethernet) using the same H323 ID ?or I need to use different h323 id ? and how can i define two differents h323 id on the same gateway?

Note :each interface on the AS will be registered with the gatekeeper by a different set of Tech-Prefixs .

any sample configurations or URL clarifying that issue will be very helpful

Any idea , anyone could help please

Thanks In advance

Jacob.

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think it is possible to register with the same gatekeeper from two different interfaces on the AS5300 using the same H323 ID. You need to use different h323 ID.

hello,

Thanks for your reply ,

is it possible to define two h323 id on the same gateway?

in general the h323 is combined , as i have noticed ,of the Hostname of the device plus the domain name configured such as (GatewayA@CISCO.com), so this way i need to define two hostnames for the same Device in order to have two different H323 id on the same gateways, is it possible?

Regards,

Jacob