Views
Helpful
Replies

H.245 Tunnelling

paolo.gangi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if there's the possibility to activate on dial-peer basis H.245 Tunneling because on global config the tunnelling is disable.

How can do that?

Thanks

Best regards

Paolo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

H.245 tunneling is enabled by default.  Disable it with the hidden command 'h245 tunnel disable'.  It cannot be disabled with an h323 class or dial-peer.

If I recall correctly, the gateway will never originate h245 tunneled traffic, but if it happens upstream, then we will pass it through, as long as the other side also has it enabled.  I may be wrong on that; we don't see it actually utilized much.

Also, CUCM doesn't support h.245 tunneling.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

In my experience the h245 tunneling is configurable only in global mode.
If you have a recent IOS (15 or 15.1) you can check if in the "voice class h323" the subcommand h245 tunneling was added.

Regards.

Thank you Daniele.

The policy of the company is Tunnelling disable (global config). But sometimes some carriers, for new interconnections, ask to enable the Tunnelling. I thought  it could be possible to set it in the dial-peer.

I'll check the IOS specification.

regards

Paolo

H.245 tunneling is enabled by default.  Disable it with the hidden command 'h245 tunnel disable'.  It cannot be disabled with an h323 class or dial-peer.

If I recall correctly, the gateway will never originate h245 tunneled traffic, but if it happens upstream, then we will pass it through, as long as the other side also has it enabled.  I may be wrong on that; we don't see it actually utilized much.

Also, CUCM doesn't support h.245 tunneling.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: