cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 to work with nat

thanseman
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what ports I need to open for h323 voip traffic. I opened up ports tcp 1720 and udp 16384-32767, when I do this I can get one way audio and also can make one side of the call ring. Any ideas? Everything works fine with a static address.

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

As per the document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801a62b9.shtml, the TCP port is 1720 and udp 16384-32767. The one way audio could be due to some other issue.

Probably something to do with the NAT configuration - would I be right in saying that you are translating one way - i.e. one side can see the IPs on the other side, the other side can only see the outside IP?

What are you using to NAT - a router or PIX?

You may need to be using the right fixup protocol on PIX, or IP inpect on the router to allow the router to set up the dynamic NAT for the RTP streams..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi ,

Well my scenarios is little change.

Well my customer has cisco ATA on the private IP , natting is done by the Router . I cannot do anything on the customer router like port forwarding or IP mapping . But I can do something on cisco AS5350. What Should I do on my GW to get the 2 way call.

Well some says I should used Gatekeeper and used as a h323 proxy . Can any body confirm that How Gatekeeper can resolve this issue ?? n what gatekeeper with what configuration should used .

Thanks