Views
Helpful
Replies

How to test serial port on Cisco ISR4351/K9

Adrián Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco community;

I have an issue with some outbound Long distance calls with bad static when making calls.  The user needs to hang up and dial again and get a good port usually.  my doubt here is, how can I test the serial port for poor quality or some other errors could have, The gateway has a SIP trunk and I think it has a T1/PRI too (how can I confirm that). I'd like to have information of the good configuration and functionality before going to PSTN company and ask to check from their side.

I just check with sh log and validate the serial port for errors with sh interface serial x/x/x:x

what else can I do?

thanks

MSE Adrian M.
2 Replies 2

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do a "show isdn status" to check if there is a PRI in use on the ISR. In terms of voice quality, you need a PCM or PCAP for that. Additionally if you are using a PRI you can do a "show controller t1" and check to see if your circuits are running clean of any sort of errors.

Hi Nipun thanks for your answer, i read this article: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_mgmt/configuration/xe-3s/cube-mgmt-xe-3s-book/voi-pcm-audio.pdf

to set up the PCM but is not clear to me, I don't understand: "voice PCM capture user-trigger-string start-string stop-string stream bitmap duration call-duration"

what are a start-string, stop-string, and stream bitmap? in an example is using numbers for start and stop (#132, #543) and an FF for stream bitmap

can you explain to me what is the reference for that numbers, and for the bitmap stream

Thanks

MSE Adrian M.