Views
Helpful
Replies

How to test serial port on Cisco ISR4351/K9

Adrián Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco community;

I have an issue with some outbound Long distance calls with bad static when making calls.  The user needs to hang up and dial again and get a good port usually.  my doubt here is, how can I test the serial port for poor quality or some other errors could have, The gateway has a SIP trunk and I think it has a T1/PRI too (how can I confirm that). I'd like to have information of the good configuration and functionality before going to PSTN company and ask to check from their side.

I just check with sh log and validate the serial port for errors with sh interface serial x/x/x:x

what else can I do?

thanks

MSE Adrian M.
2 Replies 2

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do a "show isdn status" to check if there is a PRI in use on the ISR. In terms of voice quality, you need a PCM or PCAP for that. Additionally if you are using a PRI you can do a "show controller t1" and check to see if your circuits are running clean of any sort of errors.

Hi Nipun thanks for your answer, i read this article: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_mgmt/configuration/xe-3s/cube-mgmt-xe-3s-book/voi-pcm-audio.pdf

to set up the PCM but is not clear to me, I don't understand: "voice PCM capture user-trigger-string start-string stop-string stream bitmap duration call-duration"

what are a start-string, stop-string, and stream bitmap? in an example is using numbers for start and stop (#132, #543) and an FF for stream bitmap

can you explain to me what is the reference for that numbers, and for the bitmap stream

Thanks

MSE Adrian M.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: