Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW 2200 EoL

Hi Folks,  Cisco PGW 2200 is going to be end of life by next year so does any body knows any alternate solution except BTS.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Italtel iVLS is an alternative of PGW. Italtel works with Cisco from many years and it's controlled by Cisco for the 18,4%.

More info about iVLS in attached file.

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

abrajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Sheeraz,

Yup PGW is going EOL as per the announcement but we got something new right now. PGW application is moving from SUN platform towards HUCS platform so i guess the show must go on

Where you got CVP, CUCM, PGW etc on a single hosted solution

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/hucs/7.1a/user/CH1_HUCS.html#wp1034505

The above link would give you a good idea.

Cheers,

Aby

Hi Aby,

This doc was written in August 2010 so i don;t think so there could be a new platform of PGW what i think HUCS would exist before with PGW option but as PGW is gonna EoL we'll not have it any more. Could you check this with Cisco directly.

Hello Sheeraz,

Well as of now officially PGW is EOL but since its going on the hucs platform, there are various internal talks that pgw would be enhanced to keep up the HUCS platform but we dont have an official word yet. Currently the latest patch for pgw is Version 9.8 (1) Patch 15 which would be in release next year.

As of now, the development team for pgw application hasnt given an official word for further developments. But there are clients opting for this solution and more clients are taking it up hence they would have to keep the software upto date.

So we can only wait and watch by july next year whats the scene for future for PGW application.

In short officially, its EOL/EOS by july 2012

Unofficially: Hmm there are chances this can go to the next level since its difficult for existing clients to move their softswitch to another vendor due to high business impact.

Cheers,

Aby

Dear All,

We're  happy to offer our product SVI_MGC which can not only act as a  replacement for the PGW but can also provide Media Gateways Controller  functionality for other 3rd party gateways such as AudioCodes &  Lucent TNTs etc. Our product has been deployed in more than 50 countries  around the world and our customer list includes names like Vodafone,  Orange and many other Tier 1 & Tier 2 Telco's all over the world.

Please visit our website http://www.squire-technologies.co.uk/products/Cisco_SS7_Over_IP.php. for product information.

For further information and clarification please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Sanjeev Verma

Global Sales Director

Squire Technologies Ltd

www.squire-technologies.co.uk

Sanjeev,

Seems like you are pitching hard for your product.

Sheeraz,

its confirmed that pgw would be there in a HUCS platform. Its cheaper than before since you just need to ask for the service.You dont have to buy the equipment like before which is more expensive and maintaining it. There would be someone to monitor and maintain the entire thing.

Its like cloud networking.. ask for the specific service and you get it

Get in touch with your accounts team or cisco sales team for more information.

-Aby

Competing against Cisco needs real push

On a serious note, we have always provided our product all over the world but lately we've been getting more and more queries for replacing PGWs since the announcement of its EOL.  So I thought I'll try to spread the word around that the replacement is readily available, cost-effective as well as proven, with deployments in more than 50 countries around the world.

If you need more information, I'm happy to provide.

Kind regards,

Sanjeev Verma

Global Sales Director

Squire Technologies Ltd

www.squire-technologies.co.uk

Italtel iVLS is an alternative of PGW. Italtel works with Cisco from many years and it's controlled by Cisco for the 18,4%.

More info about iVLS in attached file.

Regards.