cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rotary Dial Supported on VG248 or ATA-186?

cmcdougall
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user who has an old rotary telephone on a testbed in a lab he wants supported.

Does anyone know whether a rotary telephone(pulse dialing) is supported by a VG248 or an ATA-186?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Charles,

I thought this was an interesting question so I dug up an "old" Rotary dial phone and hooked it up to one of our VG248's. Incoming calls work fine but you can't make an Outgoing call :( The Rotary dial phone will not break dialtone (which is probably expected).

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS. We don't use ATA's but I'm guessing the results would be similar.

budfox128
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have a rotary phone to test but have you tried changing the dial-type to pulse under the voice-port command area?

On what device are you seeing the dial-type? I don't see it on the VG248 or in Call Manager. I think that this is for other equipment that we do not have(Cisco MC3810 and Cisco 3600 series routers, etc.).

You are correct. I looked up the command on the FXS port on a MC3810 and 3660. Sorry this isn't the same as the VG248.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: