cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

scheduled reboots of callmanager?

c.chaplin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm beginning to suspect that our Call Managers should be rebooted once every couple months or so, based on some observations of how the servers perform. After a couple months or so their performance seems to suffer in subtle ways. I mean, I've heard that Windows systems even _require_ reboots after a certain number of days but in the past I chalked that up to cynicism rather than direct observation (when I act as sysadmin it's to unix-like systems) ... So does anyone here perform regular reboots of their Call Managers?

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

As CM is windows based, I agree that you may need this re-boot when the performance suffers. However we do not reset it on a regular basis as they would be reset for other maintenance reasons once in a while anyway.

The only reboots that occur on my CCM's are when I load the latest OS patches. Of course these come out monthly so I guess I do reboot my CCM's once a month.

If you need to reboot you machines due to performance i would make sure that you are running the latest CCM patch level and that you OS is fully patched.

THat is not normal behavior.