cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SIP-3-BADPAIR:

knmezi
Level 1
Level 1

Please can anyone explain this error message and what caused it. I see whenever I made an inbound call:

pr 15 11:31:09.565: %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected event 16 (SIPSPI_EV_CC_CALL_MED

IA_CHANGED) in state 11 (STATE_RECD_INVITE) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)

Also how I can fix it.

Knmezi.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

This is what i could get from cisco..

1. %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected [chars] [dec] ([chars]) in state [dec] ([chars]) substate [dec] ([chars])

The SIP state machine has encountered an error while processing an event or timer.

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log.

Issue the show tech-support command to gather data that might help identify the nature of the error.

If you cannot determine the nature of the error from the error message text or from the show tech-support command output, contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the gathered information.

regds

We opened TAC case on this problem earlier this month with Cisco, we were told that ios release 12.4.5 will fix this issue. I think this release is due some time in feb.

I am seeing the same error and I am running 12.4.9.T

CME with CUE and I keep getting this error message on the console

%SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected timer 23 (SIP_TIMER_REMOVE_TRANSACTION) in state 27 (SIP_STATE_OPTIONS_WAIT) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)

Aug 3 19:54:21.465: %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected timer 23 (SIP_TIMER_REMOVE_TRANSACTION) in state 27 (SIP_STATE_OPTIONS_WAIT) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)