Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Custom Message Header Add & Modify

mattie.kavanagh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a Cisco IOS VoiceGateway with SIP dial-peers running IOS 15.2(3)t0.2.  I wish to create a
new custom SIP Message header in the SIP INVITE Request going to a Contact Centre.  This new SIP Message
Header Field will be called "CountryCode".  Within that new Header I wish to insert part of the original DNIS
that arrived into my gateway from the inbound call leg before the DNIS is translated by the Gateway to the Contact
Centre Route-Point Extension number.

Creating the new header is fine and it is included in the SIP INVITES sent to the Contact Centre (verified with wireshark):
!
voice class sip-profiles 9999
request INVITE sip-header Contact add "CountryCode:"
!
dial-peer voice 1000 voip
<text removed>
voice-class sip profiles 9999
!

==================

The problem I now face is inserting the content I've copied into this custom header, the command I though would do this for me only permits me to call well known sip-headers as shown below.

CiscoVG(config-class)#request INVITE SIP-header ?
  Accept-Contact            SIP header Accept-Contact
  Accept-Encoding           SIP header Accept-Encoding
  Accept-Header             SIP header Accept
  Accept-Language           SIP header Accept-Language
  Accept-Resource-Priority  SIP header Accept-Resource-Priority
  Alert-Info                SIP header Alert-Info
  Allow-Events              SIP header Allow-Events
  Allow-Header              SIP header Allow
  Also                      SIP header Also
  <output removed>

I had expected an option to call a custom header. Any advice on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mattie.

3 Replies 3

You can try to copy the DNIS in a variable and use it in your sip profile.

Study this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/15-2mt/voi-condl-header.html

Regards.

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for your response.  Copying any existing string to a variable is fine, the problem I have is presenting this variable to the Contact Centre in a Custom field in the outgoing SIP INVITE.

I can create or "add" a new message header but I can't figure out how I can "modify" it?

Will have another go at it today and post results if I make progress.

Regards,

Mattie.

Hi,        

In case anyone else reads this post I would like to point out that this is still an open question.  I see "correct answer" has been applied to this post but I would advise that a solution for my request has not been identifed so far. 

To sumarise, I can copy any variable from the peer-sip-header or  outbound sip-header without issue, I can create a new custom header but what I can't do is insert the copied value or variable into the NEW custom header.  I can modify exising headers like TO/FROM/VIA/CONTACT etc and insert all or part of the variable there but that is not what I'm tryin to achieve.

I want to create a SIP Message header called "CountryCode" and insert the peer DNIS into this new header.