cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 hotline feature with Voice Over IP solution

davematz3
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPBX and use a call box at the front entrance to a local jail.

When the Avaya LUADS Dev 156 goes off hook the dial plan dials an extension inside the jail.

The call is properly routed from the callbox through a Linksys SPA2102 through the VPBX to an extension inside the jail also on the VPBX (digital handset).

My problem is that when the digital set is hung up the call disconnects from the VPBX, but is still connected to the SPA2102.  The callbox goes silent for the 15 seconds, rings busy for the next 8-10 seconds, goes fast busy for the following 8 seconds and then silent (SPA2102 still shows line in use).  I have the changed the dial plan and that works fine.  I changed the regional settings (Reorder Delay, CPC Delay, and CPC Duration) and still cannot get the SPA2102 to disconnect the call with the Avaya callbox.

I also cannot find any documentation for the Avaya piece either.

Additionally, I found (stuffed in a box in the back of the store room) a Dukane 7A1060 Armored Telephone Intercom Station, but cannot find any schematics or wiring diagram to try to get this to work either.  This worked to a degree but experienced looping with limited testing at the end of the day today.

I need a solution for the call box or the Intercom Station.  Don't care which one, just need it to work ASAP.

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance on this one.

Dave

1 Reply 1

Try to change the "Reorder Tone" and "Off Hook Warning Tone" duration under Regional parameter of the SPA.

Reorder Tone: 480@-19,620@-19;1(.25/.25/1+2)

In this example the duration of reorder tone is 1 second. In your case is probably 15 seconds.

Off Hook Warning Tone: 480@-10,620@0;1(.125/.125/1+2)

In this example the duration of reorder tone is 1 second. In your case is probably 10 seconds.

In this way the SPA releases the call after 2 seconds.

Regards.