cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL or VXML Script for Time-of-Day (ToD) Call Routing?

pcantore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairy basic requirement to implemented an incoming dial-peer that will forward a call to a list of specific destinations (DNs) based on the time of day - e.g. follow the sun scenario for 3 destinations (1 local and 2 remote)!

Can anyone provide a sample TCL or VXML script that could do this based on ToD - ideally using on router's onboard clock!!!

Many thanks in advance... Phil.C

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

You may not get the tailor made script for this. You can search web for a sample script, tweak some parameters to suite yor requirement.

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Phil,

Did you manage to find a sript for this ? I have a similar requirement.

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

Basicaly no - my research and everyone I spoke to in the know said yes it could be done BUT.....

no-one was actually prepared to share!!! Basically I made a work around by using a script in Cisco Unity Express (CUE). This supports DoW & ToD functionality, but at present requires manual changes for recurring dates as the date is year specific - not to much of a problem you just need to remember to change it each year (bit of a support issue I know).

Why do this? It is actually cheaper to buy an AIM-CUE and write the script (or butcher the AA which now has some TUI management) than to spend the time figuring out how to write this as a TCL script!

Hope this helps.... Phil