cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP using PIX 515

jin5
Level 1
Level 1

We have one PIX 515E-UR in Los Angeles and another PIX 515E-(Restricted) in Seoul. What kind of options do we have in terms of setting up VOIP? Are there any links to instructions in question? Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Are you just passing voice traffic between the two sites (i.e. between IP Phones on each site or between two voice-enabled routers)?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I'm planning to connect several phones (either analog or IP type) on each location so that users in those network can talk to each other across the site-to-site VPN. I have not decided which phones we can use, but we are most likely to use analog type ones.

Well - the PIX doesn't do anything voice-related except for some protocol inspection for skinny/h323 etc; but that's not going to be relevant to what you're doing...

Normally for a site-to-site VPN you'd permit all traffic between addresses on either site, so if you don't need to lock things down to certain ports it should be straightforward... If you do need to do that there are docs on cisco.com that list the port numbers and so on that are used...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the advice. Do you recommend any particular type of phones and related equipment? I don't have experiences in voip at all.

It really depends on what you have already, and what you need... what exactly is your scenario?

There are several digital phones connected to Toshiba Unity PBX in LA, and several analog phones are in Seoul office. We want to save money on international long distance charges.