cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After applying changes, need to close browser?

jksanford
Level 1
Level 1

I have two different uc320w's. (one for me and one for a client).  In both of our environments, we can login, make a change to the system, and then apply the changes. 

If after applying the changes, I want to do something else, every new change is ignored unless I actually quit the browser and re-login and start over.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Thanks,

James Sanford

e-Tech Software, Inc.

http://www.etechsoft.com

8 Replies 8

jksanford
Level 1
Level 1

Also, I know that I can Save the config prior to exiting the browser and re-loading, but I shouldn't have to do that...

Hi James,

A couple of questions that may help understand the problem scenario a little better:

--What firmware version are you running?

--What network Topology did you select on the Topology screen?

--Are you accessing the UC320 LAN side or WAN side to make the changes?

--Is your PC connected to two different networks at the same time i.e. WiFi + Ethernet or Ethernet and 3G modem, etc.?

You are correct you should not have to log out or restart the browswer between "Apply"s.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi

I also have this exact problem, also i found that after i applied the settings, and i went to have a look at the logs i couldn't see any, i have to log out then log back in to see them and to be able to make any changes, i did notice that when i was making changes on the web GUI that i would get a message saying something about the a lan issue with the uc320.

My topology is voice only, lan is connected via a static ip address, and im using Firefox 5.0.

Thanks

Dave

Hi David,

If you saw a pop up dialog message indicating network  connectivity problems then the web browser (UC320W Configuration  Utility) isn't talking to the UC320W device.  This means that any  "Apply"s you do while in this state they won't actually make it to the  device from your PC.  NOTE:  the network connectivity problem dialog  will automatically clear when the network connectivity is restored.  We need to understand what is happening to drop the network connection.

Chris

I'm running the latest firmware (june 10th I think).  No new updates have showed up on either of the two systems. (Again, this occurs on two different units in two different locations)

I'm in an SBS Server 2003 environment, so DHCP is managed by the server and not the 300w...

In both cases, I am on the LAN side making modifications.

My PC is a workstation that is joined to the domain and only has one network connection (wired) in both locations...

James,

We will set this up in the lab again and see if we can reproduce.

Chris

James,

How is your DNS resolution configured in the network?  Is the SBS server configured as the DNS server, UC320W or some external address?

Thanks,

Chris

James/David,

There is a bug in the released software versions when using Voice Only or external DHCP server(SBS server) topology. After you Apply Configuration, you have to relaunch the UC320W Configuration Utility after the Apply is finished, as it stops communicating with the box. The changes take place, but you are left with an error in the Status page indicating that changes haven't been applied. The bug has been fixed in the current internal software release. There is also an additional enhancement added to place persistent red bars on the sides of the UC320W Configuration utility to let you know if it is not communicating with the box. Both of these fixes will be available in the next customer release.

Thanks,

Tony Esch