cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant on UC560

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if anyone has any detailed information on setting up multi-level auto attendant on the UC560.  I did review the TEL lab 8 but I feel like there is more I will need to understand.  I am working on a new install to replace an old Nortel Norstar which had a fairly invloved auto-attendant on their Call Pilot VM.  Is the best option to use CCA or the web interface to UCE to configure a multi-level AA?

I probably can figure it all out but some guidance might get me there quicker and keep everyone happy ;-)

Any help on resources would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

Please configure the AA with CCA.  The CUE GUI will "break" CCA in most cases and if you are only a select partner with no UC specializations, you will not be able to obtain support.

• The multi-level AA is fairly straight forward in CCA.
  • The Menu Prompt is the audio file you can record and upload to instruct users on their menu options.
  • The Business hour schedule is used as a reference point so that the system knows when the AA is active and when certain Menu Prompts should play.  On the Main Menu tab you will notice another Business Hours and Closed Hours tab. The tabs will play certain menu options according to the Business Hour Schedule
  • *The Main Menu can only point to Sub Menus*.  You cannot have Sub Menu 1 point to Sub Menu 3 or 2.  You can't have a configuration where Submenu>Submenu>Submenu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

Please configure the AA with CCA.  The CUE GUI will "break" CCA in most cases and if you are only a select partner with no UC specializations, you will not be able to obtain support.

• The multi-level AA is fairly straight forward in CCA.
  • The Menu Prompt is the audio file you can record and upload to instruct users on their menu options.
  • The Business hour schedule is used as a reference point so that the system knows when the AA is active and when certain Menu Prompts should play.  On the Main Menu tab you will notice another Business Hours and Closed Hours tab. The tabs will play certain menu options according to the Business Hour Schedule
  • *The Main Menu can only point to Sub Menus*.  You cannot have Sub Menu 1 point to Sub Menu 3 or 2.  You can't have a configuration where Submenu>Submenu>Submenu.

I did start playing with this in the lab and once I started trying some things it now seems pretty straightforward.  I was using CCA as it seems the the direction that is supportable anyhow.  Now I think I understand it enough to come up with a plan, current AA has 6 submenus so we'll have to come up with some compromise.