cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA Support

pmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering what the plans are for support for the UC320 within CCA as obviously right now it is not a supported device with Cisco Configuration Assistant ?

Regards

Phil Moore

9 Replies 9

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Phil,

This appliance already has a fully functional GUI is there any need to double up on it, or is there a specific driver for wanting this??

It is an interesting question

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Looking for bulk management really, I will have my support teams managing devices for deployed hosted solutions so much easier if all devices can be looked at within CCA as apposed to using multiple GUI's, ie if we are doing thefull  management of the custy site I can see the switch, Phones etc but not the uc320

Regards

Phil

Point taken

Considering though that the UC320 does not use IOS it would require a significant upgrade to CCA to do it I would imagine as the methodology of instructions and programming may be different???? Although it does make complete sense to have a centralized management system...

Maybe Cisco can consider a cloud based management system for these appliances down the track? They had something similar to this way back when, but CCA won the day (And rightly so I guess), I wonder if they can provide the GUI interface to work on a Linux machine so you could host it yourself and then you can create a client list and remote manage the system using a single system??

Bummer I will be thinking about this all day now

Are you deploying these systems so you can access the web management interface from outside? (Just curious)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

looking at the options now, hence the questions :)

Hi Phil,

Are you merely looking for CCA to discover the UC320? Or you are looking for CCA to configure the UC320?

Regards,

Bassanio

Dear Sirs;

As you may know, we are running the PSP (aka thunderbolt) trial for cloud management of Cisco devices. At launch this will include UC320 as well. This will come soon although I cannot share specific dates. I would recommend for you to consider this as your preferred option as it will trully enable cloud-based management. Stay tuned!

Regards
Alberto

Thanks for the answers, we are looking for a single management and config area for the support teams, at this stage I don't have enough info on PSP and have not used it directly for management and config so hence the reason for the question, Would be very keen on seeing PSP and it's capabilities

Hi Phil;

Please hang in there . We will probably start some trials with UC320 and PSP shortly. Stay tuned.

Regards;
Alberto

Starting to work with Thunderbolt know, bit of work to go with this but passing some feed back through the trial teams