Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF issue on UC560

revolutionflex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just deployed a UC-560 using an E1 connection to BT ISDN30.

Most everything is working fine, inbound/outbound calls, auto attendant, voicemail etc etc but do have one issue (or rather one type of device) that is baffling me at the moment (btw this is my first ever phone deployment, so be gentle! lol)

The client already had exsisting 7905 and 7940 handsets.

The 7940's work exactly as expected and are functioning fine, the 7905's on the other hand, not so good!

Initially they had an issue where when they were in call they could not tranfer to another handset, the reason for this was none of the softkeys would display in-call. After contacting Cisco support and having them spend about an hour with the unit I got the answer 'sorry, the 7905 is end of life and we cannot offer support' (which isnt great seeing as the client has about 50 of the darn things!)

Anyway, I had a flash of inspiration and realised that as the phone had a dedicated 'hold' key if I took that out of the softkey options, the rest of the softkeys would appear, result! (or so I thought, hold key doesnt work, but at least they can transfer now)

So, next big problem I have, DTMF is working on the 7940's but NOT on the 7905's. Any clues as to where I should be looking to resolve this would be greatly appriciated!!!!!

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update phones firmware and check again.

Well, but if user calls to DPD IVR from mobile phone – everything is correct.

Also there could be issue not only with signal level but with DTMS duration as well, because when user calls his mobile from IP phone and tries enter some digits – DTMF digits are heard on mobile but they seems very short.

Yes, exactly this, DTMF duration.

It has since transpired this is exactly what is happeneing after doing the same test Marius Described, called my mobile and when the digits are pressed on the cisco handset there is a slight delay then the DTMF signal is heard on the other end for a very short period of time then stops (interestingly though you can hear the signal continously on the cisco handset until the key is released.)

Is there anyway to change the duration, or what would the reason be for the duration being so short?

You can update phone firmware as mentioned above for a chance to fix, or stay as it is now.

I have two Polycom's (CX5500 and Trio8800). I was having DTMF issues with both of these phones.

>Conf T

>Voice Register pool # (mine were configured 5 & 6)

>dtmf-relay rtp-nte

Saved config, and both phones are working great now. Thanks for advice!

UC560