Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error in web-administration

When attempting to login to the uc320w web interface, after typing in username & password, I am consistently getting the attached error message.  If I repeatedly exit the browser and login (usually about 4 times), it will finally load.  What could be issue be?

thanks,

Lance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lance,

I would suggest finding the specific phone and performing a factory reset on the phone.  If you are still having problems I'll suggest putting a call into the Support Center where they can pull some additional logs from the Configuration Utility and see what is going on exactly.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Lance,

What version of firmware are you running?  What is the device with 10.1.1.111 IP address?

Thanks,

Chris

firmware version is 2.0.6 (10)

the 10.1.1.111 is one of the phones on the VLAN. It is one of the phones on the voice vlan; I just confirmed.  The system (uc320) is assigning the addresses in the 10.1.x range.

Lance,

I would suggest finding the specific phone and performing a factory reset on the phone.  If you are still having problems I'll suggest putting a call into the Support Center where they can pull some additional logs from the Configuration Utility and see what is going on exactly.

Thanks,

Chris

worked perfectly.  And now I know to reset the offending IP device if I get that error again.

thanks!

-L

Need to ammend this thread....

Reseting the phone to factory default and/or restarting phone appears to solve this issue; however......this issue keeps occuring on a daily basis.  Each time I need to access the web-menu for the uc320, I get the error message....an interesting thing tho....if I let is set on this error screen long enough 1-2 minutes, then the page fully loads in the background behind the errror message.  If I just close that browser and open a new one, I am able to login without a problem.

As this is a new system, and the phone is still under warranty, should I be looking at an RMA?  What could the possible cause be?

thanks,

Lance.

Hi Lance,

I don't see anything at this point that indicates a hardware failure.  Perhaps it may be time to open a case with the SBSC for a more interactive debugging session.

Couple of other questions:

--Are you accessing the UC320W from the LAN or WAN side when this error occurs?

--What version of web browser are you using?  --We have seen some interop problems with IE 9 and Firefox 4.0 lately.

--To reset a phone to a clean state do this.

1. Unplug the phone from the UC320W.
  2. Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility
  3. Go to Configuration -> Devices
  4. Delete the phone having the problems by clicking on the 'X' button.  -- This deletes the config file from the UC320W.
  5. Apply the Configuration.
  6. Plug in the Phone to the network.
  7. Perform a factory reset on the phone.
  8. Relaunch the Configuration Utility and reprovision the phone.
  9. Apply.

Another option is to try putting on the 2.0 MR2 Release Candidate firmware:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3355589

Chris