Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax and Modem with UC560

colin1256
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a somewhat tricky configuration to make happen and hope you can help me.

I have a UC560-BRI-K9 (located in Germany) that is connected via BRI/ISDN and also utilizes an external SIP-Trunk.

The UC is shared by two related businesses and the Trunks are separated using COR-Lists.

I am now tasked with making both Faxes and Modems work. Via the SIP-Trunk, I only need T.38 to work for inbound and outbound faxes; no problem here. On the BRI-Port however, it is quite a different story: Here, I need both Fax and Modem working. The modem functionality is required by a Power Generator to call for maintenance in case of failure (or be called on a designated number for preventive checks). Furthermore, there also is a Postage Meter that also requires outbound modem comms.

Digging through the configuration documents, I see that the UC500-Series does not support Fax-passthrough and modem-passthrough to be enabled simultaneously as they are handled similarly.

If anyone has come across a solution for my problem, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you use BRI and the fax or modem is conneceted to a FXS port in the same router, you don't need to worry about anything. It will work fine without any configuration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you use BRI and the fax or modem is conneceted to a FXS port in the same router, you don't need to worry about anything. It will work fine without any configuration.

Thanks!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!