Views
Helpful
Replies

holdkey=yes not working on spa514g

PDANZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I am trying to set the physical hold key on a spa514g to map to a PSK that I have defined. 

I have followed the instructions on this page however it doesn't change the physical hold key.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/administration/guide/frame_source/500-series-7-5-7/ip_phone_admin/3_custom_phones.html

I should be able to add to the end of the PSK field - holdkey=yes 

However even though I do this it still doesn't work.

It does mention star codes however I am wanting to map the hold key to an Asterisk Parking Lot which is really just an extension. 

Is this a bug in the cisco spa514g firmware or is the holdkey=yes have to be used with a *code like in the example to be able to map the physical hold key to a different function such as a PSK etc.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just quick response right now - I see typo in PSK1 declaration. It's not ex2= but ext2=. May be the PSK1 definition is rejected because of it, thus PSK1 doesn't exists and it's not shown. Please correct and lets me know result.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's bug in documentation (at least).

You has been ordered to define psk1 - thus you shall refer psk1 not just psk in Connected Key List (e.g. psk1|1)

Hi Dan

Yes I had picked up that error in the documentation as well.

My issue is that even setting this correctly to PSK1 I still am unable to reassign the functions of the physical hold key on the phone over to the PSK1 settings.

Cheers

Peter

Unfortunately, your description of issue is so vague. May be the PSK1 key you defined is not shown on display, may be it's shown but doesn't work when pressed ...

Be specific, please. Describe what you did, what you expect to happen in particular scenario and what happened.

Hi Dan, Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully this better described my situation.

Please see the screenshot attached.

Behaviour I was expecting:

When adding the field "holdkey=yes"to the end of the PSK1 field as described in my original post I expected the physical hold key on the phone to change from is default function to then function as per the settings I had entered in the PSK1 field. 

These settings are under: Admin>Advance>Voice>Phone>Programmable Softkeys

My original goal is to have the physical hold key on the phone function differently to its default behaviour. I want to send a call, when I press the hold button to a particular extension. In my case I want to send the call to extension "71"when I press the physical hold key.

Does this explain my situation better?

Cheers

Pete

Just quick response right now - I see typo in PSK1 declaration. It's not ex2= but ext2=. May be the PSK1 definition is rejected because of it, thus PSK1 doesn't exists and it's not shown. Please correct and lets me know result.

Hi Dan

Just wanted to update you that making that change resolved the issue. Just having that small "typo" stopped the function from working. 

Cheers

Peter

The devil is in the details. All the times ;-)

Glad to hear you solved it.