Helpful
Replies

I can't connect BE3K with SPA8800

david.sua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to add a PSTN connection with a SPA8800 following the Admin guide,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe3k/8_6_4/system/BE3K_BK_C30C50F6_00_cucm-be3000-admin-guide_chapter_01.html#BE3K_TP_S16E1B61_00

but it doesn't work for me...

I am sure that I am forgeting something but I don't know what.

How BE3K connect with SPA?

Should I configurate anything else before add PSTN connection into BE3K GUI?

I suppose that the BE3K need something to connect with SPA, but when I change a value into BE3k that should reset the SPA, SPA never restart, then I suppose that connection between BE3K and SPA doesn't work.

I have checked that I have ping with both devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kvarshne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David

Could you please try following application note, and let us know?

" Connecting SPA8800 with BE3000 "

Regards

-Kaushal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kvarshne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David

Could you please try following application note, and let us know?

" Connecting SPA8800 with BE3000 "

Regards

-Kaushal

Thank you Kaushal,

With that document I can do it works. The problem was with provisioning into SPA.

Regards.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

As dumb as this sounds after adding the SPA8800 to the BE3K and configuring reboot the BE3K and once it comes back up hard reboot the SPA8800 by unplugging the power. It should then register.

Shouldn't have to do this but hopefully these weird items get resolved.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Mario,

My experience is that I just have to power cycle the SPA8800, no need to reboot the BE3000.

This less drastic approach has been confirmed across multiple physical BE3000/SPA8800 units.

I suggest that, after power cycling the SPA, you access the administration interface at 

http:///admin/advanced and navigate to the Voice -> Info menu and monitor the Registration Status field.

Give it a few minutes after power cycle and refresh you browser to make sure the information is up to date.

A bit of waiting on the SPA8800 may save you a longer reboot cycle on the BE 3000.