cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal dial of "0" for operator.

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up internal dial of "0" for the operator.  I want internal users to be able to dial 0 and go directly to a operator (101).

I have gone to INTERNAL DIALING, set the 0 for DIAL IMMEDIATELY, which then shows me a DIAL PATTERN of 0, But how do I set the 0 to call a Operator who is on line 101?

I found this note in the online documents, I do not really understand what it is referring to.  I see no relevant choices under USERS.

"Note: By default, 0 is the extension number for the Auto Attendant. However, you can assign a different number to the AA and use 0 for other purposes. For example, you could change the AA extension to 300, and use the Users page to assign 0 to your receptionist."

All help is appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I can setup setup 2,3 or 4 digit internal dialing not one digit internal dialing, see first screen capture below..

I have three digit dialing on my system.  Whats wrong with dialing a 3 digit number or programming a phone button  for the operator.

We make it easy for incoming folks,  via the AutoAttendant  to access the operator, as they can press 0 for the operator.

But,  as you can see from the screen captures, we have  2,3 or 4 internal digit dialing not 1 digit dialing, except for the AA internally for your testing purposes.

regards Dave

Thank you for your response.  I do understand the benefit of AA and 0 out to operator.  To answer this question:  Whats wrong with dialing a 3 digit number or programming a phone button  for the operator?  One simple answer "Tradition!".

The customer's current system allows this.  I was wondering if I could set this up for the customer.

Hi,

What you can do is on the Users page, change the extension of your operator from 101 to 0.  (You will have to change the AA address to something else if enabled).  Now, anytime somene dials 0 they will reach the operator's phone.  If you still wanted the user to have another extension appearance you could create an Additional Extension (using another line button) and make that extension 101 if you want.  Doing this helps the user know how (which role (as operator or other role)) to answer the call.

Chris