cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for info on how to send email notifications that use got voicemail

UC540

SP 8.6

Hello,

How do I set up email alerts that inform a user that they got a new voicemail?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Clifford,

1. Log into Unity Express GUI

2. Administration -> SMTP settings.  Enter your SMTP server and port, un/pw if required by your smtp server. If using exchange, you may need to allow unauthenticated email for this to work.

3.  Voice Mail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration. Enable system wide notification (choose all or urgent). I also checked "attach message to outgoing email notification" I think its a useful feature.

4. Configure -> Users, click the user(s) you want notifications for, Go to notification tab, click email inbox, check "enable" notification to this device, enter the email address, text, etc. I set the schedule to always notify 24/7.  Apply. Close pop up. Enable email inbox notification, apply.  Then, go back to the Profile tab, check "Enable notification for this user/group" at the bottom, and apply.

5. Test and repeat for other users.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Clifford,

1. Log into Unity Express GUI

2. Administration -> SMTP settings.  Enter your SMTP server and port, un/pw if required by your smtp server. If using exchange, you may need to allow unauthenticated email for this to work.

3.  Voice Mail -> Message Notification -> Notification Administration. Enable system wide notification (choose all or urgent). I also checked "attach message to outgoing email notification" I think its a useful feature.

4. Configure -> Users, click the user(s) you want notifications for, Go to notification tab, click email inbox, check "enable" notification to this device, enter the email address, text, etc. I set the schedule to always notify 24/7.  Apply. Close pop up. Enable email inbox notification, apply.  Then, go back to the Profile tab, check "Enable notification for this user/group" at the bottom, and apply.

5. Test and repeat for other users.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

On a follow up note -

If you are trying to send out through a third party server that uses different ports or encryption or whatnot, you can use a program like stunnel on a machine in your network that you can send to, and it will redirect it to that third party email server.

Example -

I used Google Apps, so I have the UC send it to a Windows station running stunnel which in turn sends it over to a group email in Google Apps which in turn sends it to all associated email addresses.  I have a group voicemail box that forwards to BusinessSupport@xxxxx.com which google forwards to a couple of individuals' email addresses.

Thank you all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: