cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help configuring a UC520 from CLI

RHD99
Level 1
Level 1

I recently acquired a UC520 and have been attempting to set it up through CCA but haven't been able to get anywhere. I'm still new to Cisco and am quite unfamiliar with these kinds of things so any advice is appreciated. As of right now I've been able to access CLI and get to the "Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialogue?". I tried going through tutorials and other posts on configuring Cisco routers but I must still be missing something since I'm unable to connect. I'm sure this is a very simple solution but like I mentioned, I'm still new to all of this. If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed I would be very grateful!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alright so I went through that older post and realized that there is a factory restore .cfg file on the compact flash that apparently has the startup-config data on it that would allow it to start properly. Since I wasn't able to "copy flash:(factory.cfg) to startup-config" because there was no startup-config file (it was deleted) I simply used a card reader to access the files on the compact flash and created a new file named startup-config, and then through the CLI I tried the command again and it successfully replaced the startup-config with the factory default settings. Upon restarting the unit I was then able to access CCA and everything seems to operate perfectly! Even though I figured it out on my own, I appreciate your input and help on this matter!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Welcome to the club :)

You could go this link and try to do the configuration. If you face any issues post it here. All the best. This doc is quite handy 

CLI

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1182471&seqNum=2

GUI

http://intl.imimages.com/upload/FT-EN/files/cisco_2010_portal_UC500-Lab-Full-Day.pdf

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the docs and tried to follow the CME setup using CLI and there was some useful commands, however I couldn't find any direct way to get an IP onto the device itself. I want to connect to the CCA using the default ip (192.168.10.1) but I just don't know how to get there. Any ideas?

Hi there

Check this document. though its for UC540, you can use this. Page 16-17 onwards (Installing CCA and Connecting to the UC 540)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/sbcs/uc500/hardware/quick/guide/UC540_Quick_Start.pdf

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I'm sorry I should include more specifics! My bad. I've actually been following that document however every time I attempt to connect to the site through CCA using the default IP (192.168.10.1). It states that the connection failed. Additionally I can't access anything through typing in the IP on a browser. This led me to believe that I would need to assign an IP through CLI which is what I've been attempting. I just need help configuring the UC520 to be able to access the CCA, then through there I would try to factory restore and so on.

Okay, so I found an old thread on a different forum that specifies what I'm trying to do. It seems that the startup-config file is missing from my UC520 which is preventing it from starting and thus not allowing me to connect to the default IP (192.168.10.1). I'll try some different things from there but hopefully you have a better idea of what my problem is!

Alright so I went through that older post and realized that there is a factory restore .cfg file on the compact flash that apparently has the startup-config data on it that would allow it to start properly. Since I wasn't able to "copy flash:(factory.cfg) to startup-config" because there was no startup-config file (it was deleted) I simply used a card reader to access the files on the compact flash and created a new file named startup-config, and then through the CLI I tried the command again and it successfully replaced the startup-config with the factory default settings. Upon restarting the unit I was then able to access CCA and everything seems to operate perfectly! Even though I figured it out on my own, I appreciate your input and help on this matter!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: