cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 303 and Asterisk

dkeeper09
Level 1
Level 1

I need help setting up a Cisco 303 IP phone with my vicidial/asterisk server. I can get it to connect, but for some reason I still can't dial out or dial the number. Not sure where I am going wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At the first, you need to identify the source of problem. Either phone is not properly configured and doesn't sent proper INVITE to Asterisk or the problem is within Asterisk itself. So either catch the SIP communication between phone and Asterisk or turn on verbose and debug on Asterisk.

It should give you a good hint. Ask if you fail, but you need to supply detailed informations.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can get it to connect, but for some reason I still can't dial out or dial the number.

Is your Asterisk registered to your Voice Service Provider?

CLI into your Asterisk box,

1.  In root, enter the command "asterisk -r".

2.  Enter the query command "sip show registry" and look under the column "State" and "Reg.Time". 

Under "State", the status should be "Registered".  If not, then this is the root of your problem.

Nothing happens when I do sip show registry.

But when I do sip show peers, it shows that phone as OK

But when I do sip show peers, it shows that phone as OK

Dude, let's start with the basic.  Your phones registering with Asterisk is easy.  You can't go wrong with that.  It's Asterisk registering with your VSP.   If you can't get THAT bit working, then your phones registering to your Asterisk box is totally useless.

Nothing happens when I do sip show registry.

This means you haven't configured your Asterisk to register with your VSP.  If this is the case, then this thread is now deemed "out of topic" or "out of bounds" as you are dealing with an Asterisk issue and not an issue related to your SPA.

I would recommend you go to www.asterisk.org for further assistance.

PS:  I could help you but I ain't doing it in a Cisco-owned and Cisco-operated forum.  Sorry.  It's just "manners".