cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 ATA with Router

rbwest
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 questions in regard to the Cisco SPA122 ATA with Router.

#1:

Is there a way to access your internal network using your private IP with a port? 

Example:  http://192.168.1.100:10000  (Note:  no port forwarding as you don't want external or outside entry)

That example is used for webmin, a web based utility.  Other routers work.  Unfortunately, this one seems to firewall the port.

#2:

Is there a way to turn off the QoS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

QoS Policy: Always On   On When Phone In Use
Upstream Bandwidth: 10000 kbps

I was just wondering if there was a way to turn it off, as the GUI doesn't offer that option.

No, it's not possible. And I'm almost sure you wish not to turn it off. If you upstream line is not overloaded by data transfer during call, QoS have no effect, so it doesn't harm to have it on. If you upstream line IS overloaded, you wish the call audio still pass the line. It's the QoS is here for (assuming the other side of the line honor QoS as well) and you wish not to turn it off.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a way to access your internal network using your private IP with a port? 

You didn't mention where you wish to access such target from. It is possible as long as source network knows how to route packets into destination.  Its general rule - it has nothing to do with particular type/model of router you are using.

Is there a way to turn off the QoS?

What you mean "QoS" in this context ? May be you should describe the goal to avoid confusion.

Thanks for your advice.  I figured out my problem in regard to accessing a private ip with a port.

As far as the QoS question.  The GUI shows:

QoS

QoS Policy:Always On(not selected)   On When Phone In Use (selected)

I was just wondering if there was a way to turn it off, as the GUI doesn't offer that option.

QoS Policy: Always On   On When Phone In Use

No, it's not possible. And I'm almost sure you wish not to turn it off. If you upstream line is not overloaded by data transfer during call, QoS have no effect, so it doesn't harm to have it on. If you upstream line IS overloaded, you wish the call audio still pass the line. It's the QoS is here for (assuming the other side of the line honor QoS as well) and you wish not to turn it off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: