Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 Voicemail (MWI) Notification

tom.hill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have been testing some low end phones and I have to say I'm impressed with the SPA303. It works great with my platform (Siemens OpenScape Voice + Xpressions VM) with almost everything working straight out of the box. The only thing that I'm having issues with is the MWI. It turns on fine when I leave a message but after listening to and deleting the message it remains on. If I ring vm a 2nd time the MWI disapears as soon as I log on.

The only thing I have configured for VM is the voicemail No.

I have updated to the latest firmware 7.5.2b.

Can you help?

Kind regards,

Tom

5 Replies 5

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

Do you have an entry (IP address or name:port) for the voice mail server?

The SPA phones will subscribe to the VM server and the MWI status will be updated via NOTIFY messages.

Glad to hear the SPA303 is working well in your testing.

Regards,

Randy

Hi Randy,

No nothing in the 'Voice Mail Server:' setting under the extension, just 'Voice Mail Number:' under the phones general settings.

It's strange though as it seems to work, it just requires the 2nd call to vm to clear after deleting the message on the first and I havent had to enter anything like this on other handsets to date either. Is a Voice Mail Server IP+Port required? What port would it be?

Thanks Randy,

Tom

Tom,

Please try to add the voice mail server the same as your proxy server (leave port open).  Some ITSP have an external voice mail server with a different address than the proxy.

Hi Randall,

That didn't seem to help. We have a seperate voice mail server (Siemens Xpressions) but for other handsets we do not need to connect directly to this server to get message notifications.

Are the notifications not just handled in SIP?

What is the phone expecting?

Not sure what to go on here.

Kind regards,

Hi,

We had an issue with our VM server that was causing the strange behaviour on the Cisco handset. That has been resolved now and all is well, thanks for the help though!

Tom