Views
Helpful
Replies

spa3102 & CID

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my SPA3102 to handle CID on PSTN line. In our country the standard is ETSI FSK + V23. Everything is working fine - during a few calls or on first day. After that the 'Private caller' string is displayed on the phone, no caller id displayed on WEB information screen. If I switch off and on the device (SPA3102), the CID is displayed again during a few calls.

I use the latest firmware (5.1.10).

I hope, someone can help me.

Regards, kabelnet (Tamás Borlay)

96 Replies 96

Dear Stephanie,

It's nice to see a Cisco employee taking the time to thank us users for our contributions. As you can read in this thread we all invested a lot of time and effort in answering questions raised by fellow users, since (understandably considering the complexity of the subject) Cisco cannot do this for all it's products.

But....

Not all can be fixed by mere education and the sharing of knowledge. Sometimes technology just lets us down.

So

How about Cisco not only thanking us users, but also showing this appreciation.

How?

Well, it's quite simple really:  how about keeping that one important promise, made over and over again by many of your colleagues.... a fixed firmware! (with a real release date...)

Kind regards,

Alex

P.s. Ring validation time is indeed important to FSK (see my post d.d. Jan 17, 2010 regarding the subject). Increasing this value might have fixed it for TelMex,but for us in the Netherlands it's does not. So yes, we're still in dire need of that firmware fix.

2012 now, two and a half years since this issue was first reported here.

Hats off to cisco after sales service!

laharper
Community Member

Hello,

We have posted a new maintenance release (v5.2.13) for the SPA3102 which is now accessible from the SPA3102 Product Page on our Cisco web site.

Your support for the SPA3102 is much appreciated.

Best regards,

-Lance Harper

Cisco Systems, Inc.

I can confirm that the latest firmware has infact fixed the issue for me.

Thanks

I only wish that were the case in the UK. I cannot get Caller ID working. That last PSTN caller is not shown on the spa3102 web/admin/voice/advanced page internally the last pstn called number is shown.

The last previous firmware was 3.3.6 currently the spa3102 has 

Product Information
Product Name:SPA-3102Serial Number:FMxxxxxxxxx
Software Version:5.2.13(GW002)Hardware Version:1.4.5(a)
MAC Address:xxxxxxxxxxxxxClient Certificate:Installed
Customization:Open

I can post any config needed if someone can assist me with this. I have read about everything I can find on the web over the last few weeks and cannot find an answer to this.

I MUST STRESS THAT I AM IN THE UK so US or other solutions do not work!

Any help or assistance appreciated.

Best regards

Anthony

See

Sampo1976
Level 1
Level 1

I having a problem with cid when forwarding call from pstn to voip.

I am living in Italy, and my service provider is Telecom Italia. The symptoms I have are the following

1- PSTN call received

2- Phone rings, CID is displayed correctly

3- If the phone is not answered after the 2nd ring (Same call), the CID switches to "Private Name, Private Number"

I am running firmware version "5.2.13" on my SPA-3102".

Regards,

Francesco