Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500s - Button and LED

EWielinga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

It's likely a very basic question and I guess I totally read over it in the documentation...

(English is not my first language)

But is it possible on the SPA500s (with the SPA508G) to "connect" the LED (hints) for example with 101@x.x.x.x While the speeddail function of the button wil be "connected" to 102@x.x.x.x ??

Or is this totally impossible?

ThX!

Ed

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ed,

I'd never have guessed, your written English is very good.

You raise a very interesting question. I'll research this among my colleagues and report back.

It may take a few days though. It's Thanksgiving in the USA this week so I've limited resources at my disposal.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

here I have the same question like the other discussion... :-)

Did you already find out something more about this question??

Thx

Edgar

BumB! Again...

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the bump. It turns out that due to the design of the button, it cannot function in the manner you're suggesting.

One of the many issues is as follows:

The button BLF monitors ext801 but speed dials 802.

when 801 rings and you press the button using call pickup, normally it should pick up 801, but if configured as a speed dial for 802, it would dial 802 and leave 801 ringing... and so on.

So unfortunately, the answer is no, the BLF button can only call pickup and speed dial the same extension as what is being monitored with BLF.

Great question though.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: