Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G high pitched noise

scox00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an SPA504G phone, when you lift the handset to either receive or make calls it emits a continuous high pitched sound, the only way to get rid of it is to press the speaker button but then the speaker call quality is affected by a clicking sound.

Has anyone else experienced this and are you aware if it can be fixed?  I have tried replacing the handset with a new one.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have it replaced by seller.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

Before you RMA the unit, you should consider checking the following:

• Network cable to the wall, if there is any form of NEXT occurring it may cause this
  • The Twisty cable from the hand peice to the Desk Phone, if these go faulty they can cause high pitched noises
  • Is the screen showing any forms of lines on it or dimming??

You will most likely do have a faulty handset, but it is always good as a matter of courtesy to fully diagnose the phone before logging an RMA with Cisco or the Cisco Partner... At a guess it is probably a faulty capacitor which is emitting EMF and causing the issue, I had about 6 of these in one batch with the exact problem

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *