Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if this is possible. I am using Asterisk 1.7

I have 4 extensions configured on all 4 lines as

Line 1 : ext 151 : private

Line 1 : ext 152 : private

Line 1 : ext 153 : private

Line 1 : ext 154 : private

I have General Voice Mail configured on extension 620. Is it possible configure message waiting indication to turn RED upon receiving voice mail on ext 620? I see there is an option that says MAILBOXID under each lines EXT1 through EXT4. I entered 620 in MailboxID and rebooted and left a voice mail on ext 620. Nothing happened.

Does anyone has any idea?

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You also need to configure the Voice Mail Server parameter to the right of Mailbox ID.  Details are in the admin guide.

What should be entered in the Voice Mail Server parameter? Should it be the server's IP address or the IP address followed by the port number?

Also what is Voice Mail Subscribe Interval for? The default is 86400 which is one day in seconds?

My Message Waiting Indicator is never turning off so I'm wondering if I have a problem with either of those settings.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

The voice mail server should be the internal or external IP address of the VM server or it's DNS equivalent.  The subscribe interval is apart of some system's sip registration messages.  You will need to set both of them up the same or your MWI light will not work correctly.  If your phone system does not send out this parameter(you can check in the registration logs), then set it to 0 and you should be ok.

Hi,

1) this doesn't work (MWI SUBSCRIBE  not sent)

xxxxx

sip.domain.com

2) this works (MWI SUBSCRIBE is sent)

xxxxx

xxxxx@sip.domain.com

3) perfect world

FromUser|Custom

FromUser => <User_ID_1_>@ ($USER@$PROXY?)

xxxxx

$PROXY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: