Helpful
Replies

SPA50G showing new voicemail but mailbox is empty

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a UC540, with SP508G phones.

I have 3 times now had the following problem.

1. You receive voicemail

2. You listen to Voicemail

4. you delete Voicemail

5. Red light on phone and Flashing envelope icon show that you have new voice mail.

6. you login to mail box and no voicemail.

The only way I have found to clear this is to delete the user and mailbox, and recreate, but this is not ideal.

Any one know how to fix it?

Cheers

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Graeme,

This from memory is a MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) issue and sometimes debugging is required to resolve the problem, or turning it on and off again flushes it out.

Basically what is happening is the MWI is not refreshing itself properly and thus keeps telling you that there is a VM waiting, usually another deposit can trigger the refresh event or as mentioned before turning it on and off in CCA can do this.

If it happens again I strongly suggest you contact SBS log case in on it, if enough people report a particular problem then a consensus is formed for it being a bug and I would assume resources are allocated in getting it resolved.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Ok It would appear that if you then recevie another voicemail.

access it and delete it the light goes off.

need to remember that for future when it happens again.

Regards

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

This from memory is a MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) issue and sometimes debugging is required to resolve the problem, or turning it on and off again flushes it out.

Basically what is happening is the MWI is not refreshing itself properly and thus keeps telling you that there is a VM waiting, usually another deposit can trigger the refresh event or as mentioned before turning it on and off in CCA can do this.

If it happens again I strongly suggest you contact SBS log case in on it, if enough people report a particular problem then a consensus is formed for it being a bug and I would assume resources are allocated in getting it resolved.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the information

If it happens again I will log a call.

Regards

Graeme