cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525 problem is that it is stripping the leading #.

Jeff Gilliland
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use our GIC service with SPA 525 phones and it looks like the phone is stripping the leading # off when I dial # and the GIC number. Has anyone else ran into this?

7 Replies 7

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Feedback forum is dedicated to other topics. Moved to more appropriate community.

According the issue itself - we are not affected by such issue, we can dial numbers starting with # with no problem.

I assume you are using most recent firmware version on SPA525G2.

I am on 7.5.4

Well

it looks like

sounds so uncertain. Can you capture the SIP INVITE packed from the call setup ?

I will see what I can do. There is not an invite because it goes to fast busy. I have a C20 Genband switch and am doing what is called an A2 trace. I can see it in there that it is stripping it. But say I dial into a conferance and they need a # after code it works fine. I have about 500 phones that act the sameway all Cisco 525 and 514. If I use a polcom it works fine.

There are no packets or invite when I do this

Got it. I was using a dial plan that did not have the #XX in it. changed that and it is fine. But what is odd the Polycoms use the same dial plan and it works. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear you solved it. Consider rating valuable advices, if there's one here.

Note you said "it looks like the phone is stripping the leading # off when I dial" thus I assumed the phone is dialing the number with leading # stripped.

the Polycoms use the same dial plan and it works

There's nothing like "common description language for Dial Plan description". Thus Dial Plan on Polycom may have dissimilar meaning despite it look similar to Cisco's Dial Plan string.