cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G set up VPN remotely?

terryszpak
Level 1
Level 1

We had to default a UC560 and now the remote spa525g phones will not register. The VPN connects but it is unable to register the set. We have the latest software on both the UC560 and set load. I tried selecting TFTP on the set but there now is nowhere to enter an IP address. Any ideas?

-Terry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry;

Have you tried to access the web UI interface? My suggestion would be (1) perform factory reset, (2) set the phone to SPCP call control mode, (3) Set:

• VPN to the VPN server address
  • User ID and password
  • and tftp server (10.1.1.1)

That should make the trick and phone should get configuration. Note phone (with its MAC address) should be configured at UC500 first.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry;

Have you tried to access the web UI interface? My suggestion would be (1) perform factory reset, (2) set the phone to SPCP call control mode, (3) Set:

• VPN to the VPN server address
  • User ID and password
  • and tftp server (10.1.1.1)

That should make the trick and phone should get configuration. Note phone (with its MAC address) should be configured at UC500 first.

Regards
Alberto

terryszpak
Level 1
Level 1

Alberto,

Thanks. I didn't realize it defaulted to SIP. There is actually two places you have to enter the vpn setup on the UC500. Once that was done it came up right away. TFTP must also be set.

-Terry